Govt. Scholarships for schedule Castes/Scheduled Tribes/ Backward Classes
Post Matric Scholarship is available to Scheduled Caste Students whose parents / Guardians’ Income from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.5 Lacs and does not exceed Rs.1 Lac Per Annum for B.C. However, an income declaration by the self employed parents/ guardians stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on-judicial stamp paper, duly attested by executive magistrate is required. Employed parents/ guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer, and for additional income from other sources they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp papers duly attested by executive magistrate. Students/ Parents/ Guardians will be solely responsible for any false information given in the affidavit and form.
- As per Director of Public Instructions (Colleges) Pb. Scholarship Branch Memo No.270/31C/14/2014 dated 11.2.2015 the amount of scholarship to SC/BC student will be transferred directly to the Aadhar Card linked bank account of the beneficiaries from session 2015-16.
- It is the responsibility of the students to apply online for S.C/ B.C. scholarships.
- For this, they may consult the concerned website punjabscholarships.gov.in If a student fails to apply online on the above website, the college will not be responsible for any delay / failure in this regard.
- Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
- University Merit Scholarships.
- Scholarships for Hindu students of Non-Hindi speaking areas.
- Scholarships for the wards of Ex-servicemen.
- Scholarships for the wards of Riot Affected.
Good news for the students ! Merit scholarships are given to the first three position holders in the university merit list. Students are advised to work hard and avail this great opportunity. Scholarships are also given to the students, who excel in sports and co-curricular activities.
Meritorious students are honoured during the Annual Award Presentation Ceremony of the college. This category includes all students scoring highest marks in various subjects and aggregate as well.